Vessel Overview and Walkthrough
The Sabre 38 Salon Express is Sabre’s latest generation of their extremely popular express line. Her beautiful lines are pleasing to the eye, and her superior layout makes spending time aboard very relaxing and comfortable. Her solid construction and proper seaworthy design ensure that you and your guests will always enjoy your time on the water.
Stepping aboard from the swim platform, you are greeted by dual entry doors on either side of the transom. Step up one step brings you in to the comfortable aft cockpit which has ample seating throughout with storage below. A bi-fold cockpit table and motorized stern seat allow one to easily move the stern seat further aft for an enlarged cockpit area. Engine room access is via the large cockpit hatch.
Entry in to the main salon is via a large stainless steel doorway in the cockpit. Convertible U-shaped settee with optional refrigerator below is to port, with the entertainment center opposite to starboard with the hidden TV. Continuing forward brings you to the comfortable helm station on the starboard side. The helm is well-appointed with a fully adjustable Stidd seat and affords the captain fantastic sight lines from every angle. Opposite the helm to port is a convertible L-style lounge seat for your first mate!
Moving further forward brings you down a few steps past the main electrical panels and into the lower level of the vessel. There you will find a comfortable L-shaped galley to port with tv/partition to the forward cabin for additional privacy when needed. Aft of the galley is the lower lounge which can convert into a double berth for additional accommodations for guests or crew. A large storage compartment resides to starboard below the stairs. Opposite the galley to starboard is the comfortable head with separate stall shower. It offers a freshwater flush head, Corian countertop, and a clear door between the head and shower compartments. Access is via the doorway from the main lower level or via the second door directly from the forward stateroom.
Stepping in to the forward stateroom, you are instantly greeted by a comfortable queen sized island berth which offers very good access from either side for easy ingress and egress. Cedar lined hanging lockers and ample drawers and compartments are found throughout offering plenty of storage for all of your gear.
As always, please let me know if you have any specific questions. I look forward to hearing from you!Options & Upgrades Aboard
Electronics, Navigation, & Electrical
- Midnight Blue painted hull
- Reverso oil change pump
- Shore water inlet
- Fusion marine stereo
- Icemaker under the port aft settee
- Dual trumpet air horns
- Molded electronics mast for hardtop
- Hot & Cold transom shower
- Telescoping table base to create a berth in the main salon
- Upgraded Ultraleather upholstery in main salon & lower lounge
- Exterior forward windshield cover
- Cockpit seat covers
- Cockpit table cover
- Garmin 8616 MFD (New in 2020)
- Garmin Fantom 24 radar
- Garmin autopilot
- Icom IC-M510 VHF radio
- Shakespeare SS VHF antenna
- Ritchie compass
- KVH Satellite TV
- Fusion stereo system with interior and cockpit speakers
- Lenco Autoglide trim tabs
- Kohler 6KW generator with 335 hours
- Dual 30 amp 120V AC shore power inlets
- Volvo DPS Antenna & Software
- Stidd 500 series helm seat
- Dual trumpet horns
The Sabre 38 Salon Express offers a bright and spacious galley a few steps down from the main salon area on the port side opposite the head. Ample storage and all of the amenities of home make her galley a wonderful place to spend time preparing a meal afloat.
- Stainless steel sink
- Corian countertop
- Kenyon two burner cooktop
- Convection microwave oven
- Stainless steel refrigerator and freezer
Volvo Penta IPS Engines
- Fuel: 300 gallons total, 150 gallons in two tanks
- Water: 100 gallons total
- Holding: 40 gallons total
Volvo Penta IPS pod drives offer unparalleled maneuverability due to the directional thrust capabilities of the pod drive system. Engine exhaust is pushed through the propeller hub for quiet operation. Joystick control allows for easy slow speed maneuvering & docking.
Standard Equipment - Master Stateroom/Head/Salon/Galley/Decor
- Twin 3.7L 4 Cylinder FWC Volvo Penta IPS pods, with a maximum output of 300hp. each. Engines are Volvo’s D4 engine series.
- Joystick control for slow-speed maneuvering & easy close-quarters handling.
- Traditional wheel steering & conventional gear/throttle controls for use while underway.
- Volvo Penta engine start/stop panel with key fobs.
- Volvo Penta digital display readout with customizable screen options which can read: Tachometer, Temperature, Oil pressure, Hour meter, Volt meter, Water in fuel warning light, Fuel gauge, Fuel consumption, High water temperature, and Low oil pressure alarm, amongst others.
MASTER / FORWARD STATEROOM;
- Spacious Island Berth layout with 5" mattress. ¾” laminated trim on berth top.
- Cherry hull ceilings.
- Drawers under bed. A/C return grills under drawers
- Drawers in bureau w/locker w/shelf above and single louvered door.
- Upper enclosed shelves with storage behind. Locker face with 2 louvered doors. Each door to access partitioned space with shelves in the aft two compartments.
- Large Hanging Locker to starboard, cedar lined with shelf and hangar pole. Open shelf above. Louvered door.
- Teak and holly sole.
- Soft headliner panels.
- Passageway door between galley and forward cabin.
- Divider between galley and stateroom with surface mountedTV on electric lift
- Stainless steel sink with faucet
- Shower stall with seat and locker outboard.
- Hot and cold pressure water.
- Electric shower sump pump.
- Storage lockers.
- Solid Surface Material countertop with bull nose
- Towel bars.
- Wood trimmed mirror over sink
- Ventilation blower.
- Elevated "U" settee to port with fold over table. Converts to double berth. Storage under
- Mates L-shaped settee forward, open to galley with stainless steel hand rail.
- Cabinet to starboard with storage and LED TV on electric lift.
- Teak and holly sole.
- Sound deadening headliner panels.
- Solid Surface galley counter.
- Stainless steel sink with faucet.
- Built-in waste basket
- Drawers and storage lockers below counter.
- Storage cabinets outboard and above aft counter
- Lockers above stove
- Two burner electric cook top
- Convection microwave.
- Stainless steel drawer style refrigerator/freezer
Standard Equipment - Helm Station/Deck/Hull
- Varnished cherry interior finish
- Screens on all opening ports and hatches
- Optional fabric and drapery selections
- Laminated wood trims on counters and shelves
- Dovetailed maple drawer boxes
- Single N Series Stidd helm chair
- Volvo IPS electronic controls.
- Engine Start/Stop control panel.
- Volvo Penta color display with:
- Tachometer w/hour meter
- Engine temperature
- Engine oil pressure
- Transmission oil pressure
- Water in fuel warning light.
- Fuel remaining function
- Fuel consumption function
- Hi water temp and low oil pressure alarm
- Triple windshield wipers with washers.
- Switch controls for horn, running lights, anchor light, engine room blower and optional equipment. Control for red instrument lights w/dimmer
- Stazo wood trimmed steering wheel
- Stidd helm N Series helm seat
- Wood in helm area is cherry
- Two overhead pilot hatches with shades
- Hinged stainless steel companionway door with drop down windows port and starboard
- Automatic fire extinguishing discharge system with override.
- Automatic 12V electric bilge pumps.
DECK AND HARDTOP COMPOSITE;
- VIP resin infused, knitted Biaxial Structural E-Glass
- Reinforcements with balsa coring.
- Molded in anti-skid deck surfaces.
- Windows recessed into hard top
- Port and starboard transom gates
- Aft seating slides to expand cockpit dimension
- FRP hybrid composite bow pulpit with anchor roller and windlass
- Anchor locker w/Southco slam latch #M1-64-8
- (1) Large Aft hinged lazzarette locker hatch with gas struts and Southco (2) 3”dia compression latches for engine room access
- Electronics pod at the helm station
- 1 1/4" Diameter type 316 stainless steel perimeter rail system
- (8) 12” Stainless Steel Cleats (2 fwd, 4 mid ship spring, 2 in aft cockpit)
- (1) 10” Stainless Steel Cleat to starboard of windlass as anchor rode tie off.
- Windlass rope/chain
- Single anchor roller sizes for 35# CQR or Delta
- Flagpole holder and flag staff.
- Burgee staff on pulpit
- Low Profile polished hatches w/screens (2) #44 on foredeck,
- (2) #10 port and starboard.
- Custom stainless steel opening ports.
- Teak cabin side eye-brow
- Custom cast stainless steel “SABRE” medallion
- Horn cleats in aft transom corners
Standard Equipment - Mechanical/Electrical/Systems
- “Vee” hull design with 24 degree deadrise amidships and 17 degrees at transom.
- VIP Resin Infused laminate with ISO NPG white gelcoat and blended vinylester back-up resin.
- Knitted Biaxial Structural E-Glass Reinforcements
- PVC foam core in hull bottom and topsides.
- Foam/plywood cored fiberglass stringer system.
- Swim platform with under mounted telescoping ladder.
- Hull side rubbing strakes.
- PVC rub rail with stainless steel cap.
- Gold Cove Stripe
STANDARD ENGINE/GEN SET SYSTEM;
- Twin Volvo Penta D4 300HP engines linked to VP IPS drives
- 3.7l (4) cylinder fresh water-cooled Includes Volvo electroniccontrols
- 12V alternators each engine.
- Groco raw water intake strainers
- Engine room blower.
- Engine room vent ducts.
- White gelcoated engine room
- Foil face foam noise barrier.
- Twin 150 USG rotomolded diesel fuel tanks.
- Racor fuel filters.
- 2” “Diesel” deck fill plate
STEERING AND TRIM SYSTEMS;
- Volvo Penta IPS helm
- Lenco Auto Glide trim tab system.
120VAC ELECTRICAL SYSTEM;
- Two 30 A. AC shore power inlets and two 50 ft. cords
- Galvanic failsafe isolator
- Illuminated main circuit breaker distribution panel
- 120V outlets in each cabin and one in engine room.
- All galley and head receptacles are GFI protected.
- Additional outlets positioned in locations as appropriate
- Charles Industries 50amp, 3-bank battery charger
- Reverse cycle heat/air conditioning in (3) zones.
12VDC ELECTRICAL DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM;
- Two dedicated engine starting batteries.
- Two 4D 210 Amp hour deep cycle ship's service batteries.
- Battery Management panel including
- Emergency crossover switch.
- Ships power switch
- Starting Battery switch
- Illuminated main circuit breaker distribution panel w/battery condition gauge
- Danish Cabin reading lights
- LED lights in the overhead
- LED strip lighting in appropriate locations
- Engine room lighting
- Cockpit courtesy lights w/remote switch at transom
- Tinned wire throughout.
FRESH WATER SYSTEM;
- Water capacity 100 gals.
- 11 gal. Stainless steel hot water heater 110V and engine heat exchanger
- Hot and cold water pressure system 12V.
- Polyethylene holding tank with 40 gallon capacity
- Jabsco Quiet Flush fresh water MSD
- Macerator pump on holding tank
- Fire extinguishers, (4) at 2 1/2 lbs.
- Marelon sea valves on all below waterline fittings.
- Bonding system to safeguard against galvanic corrosion.