Sweet’n Low has been used lightly summers initially in Newport, RI but most of her life in the fresh water of Chicago and stored inside every winter. For sale from her second owners, she has had her winter service work done and is out of the water ready to either launch or truck to her new owner. Note some photos are older but reflect her excellent current condition.
HULL and DECK CONSTRUCTION:
- Infused composite hull with Vinylester resin throughout and Balsa core.
- Longitudinal stringers and transverse keel floors
- Fiberglass engine bed
- Marine plywood structural bulkheads
- Awlgrip “Downeast Red” hull (2021)
- Awlgrip “Oyster White” double boot stripe
- Gold cove stripe
- White Vivid bottom paint
- Externally fastened lead fin keel with modified bulb for moderate draft and enhanced performance
- Manually consolidated deck with Polyester resin with vacuum-bagged Core-Cell foam core.
- Core removed in areas of deck hardware and through hull fittings.
- “Oyster White” gelcoat with Tan 100 nonskid
- Quarter sawn teak decking on cockpit sole
- Varnished teak toe rail, eyebrow, dorade boxes and coaming cap.
- Additional varnished teak cladding on cabin sides and inside and outside of coamings and on seahood
- Custom cast SS bow and stern chocks that integrate beautifully with the teak toe rail
- Midship toe rails chocks and folding cleats
- SS deck plates and latches
- Forepeak storage area for anchor, lines and fenders with flush deck fiberglass hatch
- Stainless steel folding boarding ladder with storage in forepeak locker
- Large stainless deck hatch in foredeck
- Three large fixed portlight on each side of cabin
- Cockpit drainage meets the minimum requirements of ORC Category 2 and CE Category B.
- Stainless steel bow rail and stern pulpit with stanchions and double uncoated wire lifelines. Gates port and starboard midship
The cockpit on the M36 is the focal point of the boat and is set up to comfortably sail with family and friends with settees port and starboard. All control lines have been led aft under decks to two electric, self-tailing winches on either side of the helm in easy reach from the wheel. This allows the boat to be simple singlehanded without leaving the helm while still allowing guests to participate if desired. The two long settees forward of the wheel provide seating for six adults and at over six feet are even long enough for a nap. Hatches in the settees provide access to large sail lockers and systems below.
- Teak decking on cockpit sole
- Varnished teak cladding on coamings and cabin back
- Removable varnished teak pedestal table with folding leaves with padded storage bag
- Varnished teak rimmed stainless steel steering wheel.
- Saloon style companionway doors and storage bag in cockpit locker
- (2) SS cup holders in cockpit winch pods
- Cockpit seat cushions with seat back cushions
- All sail control lines led under deck through rope clutches at helm to electric Lewmar self-tailing winches
- Line lockers outboard of wheel port and starboard to organize lines
- Custom Morris fiberglass helm pedestal with engine controls, helm guard with chartplotter and binnacle
- Custom Morris stainless steel cup holders mounted to helm guard
- Removable varnished teak companionway doors with storage bag
- Additional companionway varnished teak framed screen doors
- Folding Wichard stainless steel padeyes with jackline for cockpit
- Boom light over cockpit with dimmer circuit
Although most passengers will spend more time on deck than below, the warm interior is beautifully finished off and provides two full length settees, an enclosed head and a simple galley – a comfortable place to get out of the sun or unexpected weather or to spend a night aboard. Forward is a large forepeak area for storage that could be converted to a double berth if desired.
- All interior joinery is Herreshoff style with white bulkheads and gloss varnished cherry trim, except the head, which is trimmed in oiled teak.
- Upgraded v-groove overhead in main cabin
- Satin finished plank teak cabin sole
- (2) SS 3” cowl vents on varnished teak dorade boxes
- Solar vent on the cabin top above the head compartment
- (5) Frigast “Cabin” wall-mounted chrome cabin lights with integral switches
- (1) Imtra SS dome cabin lights with integral switch in head
- (1) Imtra SS red/white dome light with integral switch in galley
Windows, Ports & Hatches:
- Deckhouse portlights are toughened safety glass, frameless installation
- Forward stainless steel cabin hatch is Bomar.
- Foredeck and cockpit hatches are flush fiberglass.
- Saloon style removable companionway doors with storage bag in cockpit locker.
- Isotherm 1.45 CUFT top loading 12VDC refrigerator with SS liner
- Corian counter top
- Mirror-polished undermounted stainless steel sink
- Manual pump galley faucet, Fynspray model WS-60.
- Garbage bin
- Drawers under counter with additional storage in lockers outboard and under the counter
- Vacuflush marine toilet plumbed to fresh water to reduce odor and increase usable size of holding tank
- Holding tank monitor
- Corian counter top with mirror-polished SS sink
- Fynspray model WS-60 chrome plated manual pump faucet
- High grade glass mirror with frame on forward bulkhead
- Overhead dome light
- Teak framed mirror on forward bulkhead
- Storage in lockers outboard of sink and in drawer and locker below counter
- Solar powered overhead vent provides ventilation
- Additional mount for removable table with storage behind settee seat backs
- Shelves outboard of settees with lockers
- Custom frameless opening to forward berth with bureau and locker for storage between settee and forepeak
- Large opening hatch over forepeak provides abundant ventilation and incorporates recessed screen and shade
- Large louvered cherry doors give access to large forepeak storage area with oiled teak grate
- Cushions upholstered in Ultrasuede #3587 “Devon”
- Yanmar 3YM20 x SD Saildrive unit, 3-cylinder, direct-injected, fresh water-cooled marine diesel engine, maximum 21 hp @3600 RPM.
- Flex-O-Fold 16” two blade propeller
- Fiberglass engine mount
- Yanmar instrument panel at the helm, includes ignition power, start button, stop button, audible alarms for cooling water high temperature and low lube oil pressure, and tachometer with illumination switch.
- Edson single lever throttle with neutral safety switch located on the pedestal.
- Engine box is fitted with Soundown Vinyl/Foam composite noise reduction insulation.
- Racor model #220 spin-on fuel/water separator
- 20-gallon aluminum fuel tank w/deck filler cap
- 20-gallon Polyethylene waste holding tank with gravity drain to seacock
- Snake River external tank level monitor
- 20-gallon PVC fresh water tank w/deck filler cap
- Whale diaphragm 12VDC bilge pump with removable strainer
- Whale Gusher 10 manual bilge pump located near helm in cockpit
- Additional Whale Gusher manual bilge pump located below deck in main cabin
- Edson wire rope/chain steering system with 34” varnished teak rim wheel
- Carbon fiber/epoxy rudder with carbon fiber rudderpost
- (2) Self-aligning rudder bearings and adjustable lip seal
- 2) 12VDC AGM house batteries
- Optima 1000M 60 Amp engine start battery
- Mastervolt 90 Amp/12VDC alternator with multi-stage regulator for battery charging
- Mastervolt 12 VDC distribution panel
- 12v outlet at electrical panel
- Shore power outlet with 30 amp inlet and AC Panel with galvanic isolator
- 30 amp battery charger
ELECTRONICS, COMMUNICATION, and NAVIGATION
- Raymarine ST60 speed, depth & wind instruments with Tridata and analog wind displays
- ICOM IC-M422 waterproof VHF Radio w/ additional cockpit-mounted Command Microphone
- Raymarine color GPS/Chart Plotter/Radar at pedestal (new 2022)
- Raymarine digital radar antenna (new 2022) mounted on Kato stainless steel fixed mast bracket
- Raymarine ST6001 Autopilot
- Raymarine Sirius satellite weather receiver
- Ritchie 5” compass
- Perko bicolor bow light with chrome plated brass housing
- Perko transom stern light with chrome plated brass housing
- OGM Led combination tri-color and anchor light
- Alpine AM/FM/CD stereo with Alpine speakers in cabin and cockpit
SPARS and RIGGING
- Carbon fiber mast by Hall Spars
- Fractional rig with swept back spreaders
- Aluminum boom with Dutchman system for flaking main
- Self-tacking jib on athwartships curved track
- Harken MKIV 2 manual headsail furling unit
- Standing rigging is Navtec SS rod
- Navtec integral hydraulic backstay adjuster
- Hall rigid vang with control like led aft to cockpit
- Running rigging is low-stretch New England Rope
- Spinnaker halyard
- (2) Lewmar 40 electric two speed chrome self-tailing winches for main halyard, main furling line, main sheet, jib sheet, jib furling line and vang
- (2) Lewmar 40 manual two speed chrome self-tailing winches outside cockpit coaming for gennaker sheets
- Lewmar rope clutches at helm for lines to electric winches
- (1) Lewmar 16 two speed chrome self-tailing winch on mast
Sail inventory is by North Sails and includes the following:
- Full Batten 3DL Marathon Mainsail with sail cover
- 3DL Marathon Furling Jib
- North Code 0 furling gennaker with Profurl EC1500 furler
- North Gennaker with sock
ANCHORING and MOORING
- Bruce 22 lb. anchor w/ 100’ Yale Brite Nylon rope, 6’ of chain
- Dock lines and Fenders (w/fleece covers)
- Aluminum boat hook
- Secondary Fortress FX11 anchor with rode stored in lazarette
- Emergency tiller
- (2) Kidde Mariner 110 portable dry chemical fire extinguishers
- Engine compartment “Fire Port”
- Tool kit, Flare kit and Air Horn
- (4) Adult Type II life jackets with storage bag
- USCG Rules of the Road
- Winslow Super light Mac liferaft with storage shelf in starboard sail locker (life raft out of inspection)
- Canvas pedestal and wheel cover
- Varnished teak flagstaff and flag with SS socket welded to the backstay chainplate
- 2-pc SS midship folding ladder w/PVC treads
- Boat manuals