The Leopard 46 is considered one of the best designs of an all-round blue water cruiser. She is fast, comfortable and safe and was designed with ease of maintenance in mind. Fine entry bows and performance oriented hull shape ensure fast passages. Large volume interior and exceptional payload capacity allow you to take your friends and family onboard for extended periods of time. Robertson and Caine knew they had a winner on their hands when this model was first introduced in late 2006. Over 160 of this model have been built since. Equally comfortable for coastal cruising yet capable of crossing oceans at remarkable speed.
The current owner has invested in significant upgrades on the boat in the past year (all service records and upgrade invoices available for review) including but not limited to a brand new Panda Fischer generator, new holding tanks (with all new hoses and deck fittings), new port side fuel tank, new hatch screens, new batteries, bottom paint, new isinglass for helm station, and a $25,000 12’10’’ center console aluminum hulled RIB, and more. Be sure to read the list of features and additional upgrades below like the Ullman Fiberpath Mainsail and Code Zero, 1300 watts of solar, 3000W inverter/charger, and Balmar XT-170 alternators. This is the best outfitted 46 on the market. She is conveniently located in Annapolis for viewing.
Her previous owners, the famous boating influencers, the O’Kellys, shared their journey on Youtube. She was equipped to cruise off the grid and the current owners continued to improve her with upgrades that will last for a very long time.
Sparcraft natural anodized mast
○ All networked on the CanBus. The CCGX shows what all the different charging sources are doing. Have SOC at the CCGX and the BMV at the nav station.
SunPower Solar panels:
AC/Heating BTU capacity:
Currently: The high output Balmar XT-170 alternators are wired to charge the AGM starting batteries, just like any normal install. These alternators are externally regulated using the Balmar MC618 regulators. All of this gear is top of the line, and spec’d from Balmar.
But instead of the factory Leopard wiring which uses a simple combiner on a relay (still there in case you want to revert), their are two Victron ORION B2B chargers (two in parallel on each engine) wired to direct current to the lithium house bank at the best charging profile for those batteries. Each of these chargers is capped at 30amps, making the combined charging to the house bank 120amps max….60 amps per engine….less than half the power available from the alternators. These Relion batteries can take up to 1C, so a whole lot more than they are receiving.
1. by asking much less than rated output from alternators, you get long life and reliability, limit wear and heat. Remember...lithium batteries will take all the amp you can throw at them...meaning the alternators will run to max (can be derated of course) all the time. 2. You don't normally need any juice from the alternators since there is so much solar. 3. The very expensive lithium batteries are protected from potential alternator voltage spikes that could trigger BMS cutout. It is a low risk, but a risk. (Also, there is a product from Sterling that offers protection.)
B2b chargers are on 3 minute startup delay (programmed via VictronConnect from iPad) and disconnect for low voltage. It is all automatic.
○ Rode: 340ft of ⅜” chain on the main
○ 200ft on the secondary chain
○ Salon and all four staterooms (beige)
○ Oceanair Surface Skyscreen SFSS-40, 16-5/8''x16-5/8''
○ Oceanair Surface Skyscreen SFSS-60, 20''x20''
Hard Top Bimini at Helm with Sun Shades